Case Manager, Underwriter
KBM Consulting, LLC provides innovative financial solutions in the areas of wealth transfer planning, estate planning, business succession planning, insurance planning, and executive benefits. Our goal is to build long-term relationships with companies and serve as an advisor on their team. We operate as an independent financial resource and provide back-office support to our clientele.
KBM Consulting, LLC is looking for candidates with knowledge of life insurance underwriting. This is a 1099 contract remote position that will provide administrative support to facilitate the medical stages of the initial underwriting process, including the approval and issuance of insurance policies. They will act as the primary contact for carriers, medical facilities, and our clientele.
- Act as the primary liaison with clients and the insurance companies during the underwriting process.
- Schedule medical examinations.
- Order attending physician’s statements and inspection reports.
- Gather financial information from the client’s accountant or advisor to validate the amount of insurance.
- Review applications for accuracy/missing information and identify any medical concerns upon review of their medical records.
- Follow up with carriers on a consistent basis for underwriting status.
- Negotiate with carriers, as needed, to obtain best possible underwriting.
- Update client on a consistent basis regarding the status of underwriting.
- Review policies for accuracy and prepare policy delivery requirements.
- Update pending case status report weekly.
- Develop professional relationships with partner carriers and vendors.
- Develop knowledge of carrier products.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree or a minimum of two years experience in life insurance underwriting and new business.
- Licensed in Life, Health, and Disability Insurance.
- Experience working with M Financial Firms preferred.
- Experience working with SmartOffice and eCasePro Software Systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to support team in accomplishing team goals.
- Self-starter with outstanding attention to details.
- Ability to work simultaneously with multiple computer systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and perform well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks within set deadlines.
- Knowledge of underwriting concepts and life, disability, and long termcare insurance products.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and risk factors.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential data.
- Strong negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook.
JOB CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Remote contracting position with flexible hours.
- Contractor will provide their own equipment, including any telephone, printers, or computers.
- Extensive work with various insurance forms and medical records.